Request an ipad
Attention Hillcrest Parents and Families! We are still accepting requests for learning devices on an appointment basis. Read more to learn how to do so.
Attention Hillcrest Parents and Families! We are still accepting requests for learning devices on an appointment basis. To obtain a device please follow these steps.
- Visit device.lausd.net and use the access code "lausd2020". Make sure you select "Hillcrest Dr EL (1452801)" as the school. If this is not done your application will not appear in our system and it will need to be completed again.
- Once you've put in the request completed the form below and specify a time and a date that you'd be able to come into the school to pick up your child's device.
- Visit our school on the date and time you selected and we'll help you get a device.
I'm having issues with my iPad
My iPad will not connect to the internet. I keep getting error messages that tell me "Safari cannot open the page because the connection was lost".
- This issue is fairly common, but can actually be resolved pretty easily. To resolve this issue we will have to reset our internet connection to get the iPad to connect your WiFi or Hotspot again. To do this follow these steps.
- Go to Settings
- On the left side of the Settings page, you should see the option to turn on "Airplane Mode". Turn Airplane mode on and leave it on for 10 seconds after 10 seconds turn it back off and see if you can access the internet now.
- If you are still having issues connecting to the internet proceed to the next step.
- If turning on Airplane Mode didn't work we will try to reboot the iPad. To reboot the iPad press and hold the Power/Wake button for a few seconds until you get a screen with the Power Off slider.
- To power off the device slide the power icon to the right until the screen turns off.
My iPad is missing the Schoology App and now I can't download it. What happened to it?
In order to make things easier, the District has pulled the Schoology application so now students must access Schoology through their web browser (Safari if on an iPad) or the Schoology bookmark on their home screen. You can also always access Schoology via lms.lausd.net